Version 1, effective as of 1 May 2021
(i) AGING BIOLOGY FOUNDATION EUROPE, WITH THE REGISTERED SEAT AT NA HŘEBENECH II 1718/10, NUSLE, 140 00 PRAGUE 4, CZECH REPUBLIC if you are not located in the USA, or
(ii) AGING BIOLOGY FOUNDATION THE US with the registered seat at 2 Seaport Lane, Suite 8C, Boston, MA, 02210, USA if you are located in the USA,
AND HEREBY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS.
Website or Site. Any website that is the property of Foundation including, but not limited to, https://agingbiology.org/.
Via Site, Foundation makes a number of resources available to you, including information, documents, communications, files, text, graphics, publications and content.
In using Site, including all resources available through it, you agree that:
- a) You will not use Site in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Foundation server, or the network(s) connected to any Foundation server (including linked sites), or interfere with any other visitors’ use and enjoyment of Site.
- b) You will not upload, email, or otherwise transmit via Site any potentially destructive, disruptive, or otherwise harmful programs, files, or code including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, cancelbots, time bombs, or any other form or designation of files or programs that may damage, impair, or alter the operation of a computer or network that is the property of Foundation or any third party.
- c) You will not attempt to disrupt or interfere with the security, integrity, or availability of Site and/or its content and its content delivery, or otherwise cause harm to Site, any resources provided for Site visitors, user or administrator accounts, passwords, servers, or networks connected to Site or accessible through it. The same applies to any linked sites.
- d) You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to materials, visitor information, computer systems, or networks connected to any Foundation server or to Site, through hacking, password mining, or any other means. You will not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available via Site.
- e) You will not use false identity information when registering for any subscriptions, downloads.
- f) You will not remotely harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, nor will you use email addresses published on the Site for the purpose of sending any type of unsolicited email communication whose origin has been disguised or falsified.
Site can be accessed from most countries around the world. Site content may contain references to activities, documents, promotions, or other resources of Foundation that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Foundation intends to make such resources available in your country.
Foundation makes no claim or representation that Site, or any resources available through it, are appropriate to or made available for locations worldwide. If Site or any of the resources it makes available are illegal in your locality, DO NOT USE SITE.
In connection with your use of Site, Foundation and its associated companies will process Your personal data for the following purposes:
- a) To provide you with information; for this purpose, mainly (i) your username, contact details, (ii) IP address and environment data, and (iii) data collected by cookies or other tracking technologies will be used.
- b) For internal evidence of Foundation and to protect rights and interests of Foundation and other users; for this purpose, mainly (i) data collected by cookies or other tracking technologies, (ii) audit records, weblogs, and/or backups will be used.
- c) To promote and market our activities; for this purpose, mainly (i) your username, contact details and information from your posts, (ii) IP address and environment data and (iii) data collected by cookies or other tracking technologies (incl. clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies and third-party cookies) will be used.
- d) To provide third parties with information about Your use of Site; for this purpose, mainly data collected by cookies or other tracking technologies will be used.
- e) To fulfil legal duties stipulated by accounting, taxation and other laws.
You may object to processing of your personal data for the purposes b) to d) at any time.
You may also withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time when the processing is made based on consent. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
IP address and environment data
Weblogs that may be generated during your use of the Website may include information about IP addresses used to access the service, browser, operating environment, Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) used to access the service, or other information. No personal data is kept in logs for more than 30 days.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
YOUR CONSENT/WITHDRAWING CONSENT
If you do not wish Cookies to be stored on your device in connection with your use of this Website, you must stop using our Website and disable Cookies via your browser settings for this Website or globally (see below). Please note that disabling Cookies will affect the functionality of our Website, and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on our Website. For further information about deleting or blocking Cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/.
THE TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Website to, among other things, track the activities of Website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
FIRST AND THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
In relation to whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
HOW TO DELETE AND BLOCK OUR COOKIES
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHY?
- a) Strictly necessary
- b) Performance
- c) Functionality
- d) Targeting
‘Strictly Necessary’ Cookies let you move around the Website and use essential features like secure areas. Without these Cookies, we cannot provide the requested services. We use these Strictly Necessary Cookies to:
- a) Identify you as being logged in to our Website and to authenticate you
- b) Make sure you connect to the right service on our Website when we make any changes to the way the Website works
- c) For security purposes
Accepting these Cookies is a condition of using the Website, so if you prevent these Cookies the Website may not work correctly and we may not be able to provide our services and products to you.
‘Performance’ Cookies collect information about how you use our Website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These Cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our Website works, understand what interests our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We use performance Cookies to:
- a) Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how our Website is used
- b) Obtain data on the number of users of the Website that have viewed a product
- c) Help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur
- d) Test different designs for the Website
Some of our performance Cookies are managed for us by third parties. We do not allow the third party to use the Cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
‘Functionality’ Cookies are used to provide products or services or to remember settings to improve your visit. We use ‘Functionality’ Cookies for such purposes as:
- a) Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, language, preferences and colors
- b) Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- c) Remember if you have engaged with a particular component or product list on the Website so that don’t show it again
- d) Show you when you’re logged in to the Website
- e) To provide and show embedded video content
Some of these Cookies are managed for us by third parties. We do not allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
At times Website may contain links to other external sites. Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such linked websites.
Use of Site Content
Unless specifically indicated elsewhere on Site, you may view, download, or print Site content subject to the following conditions:
- a) The rights granted to you for use of Site content constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
- b) You may use Site content only for personal, informational, and internal purposes.
- c) You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices displayed or contained in Site content.
- d) You may not modify or alter Site content in any way.
- e) You may not distribute, sell, lease, rent, or relicense Site content to others.
- f) Foundation reserves the exclusive right to revoke authorization to view, download, and print Site content at any time, and you shall discontinue such use immediately upon notice from Foundation.
Intellectual Property Rights and Licenses
Use of Trademarks
The trademarks and logos (“Marks”) displayed on Site are the property of Foundation or third parties. You may not use Marks without the prior written consent of the Foundation or the third party owner of Marks.
You may use Foundation Marks and logo images (“Logos”) under the following conditions:
- a) You may not alter Logos in any way except pixel dimensions, which must always be in the same proportions as the original image provided via Site. All Marks in reduced-size Logos must remain clearly identifiable and readable.
- b) You may not create links on any other site directly to the Logos’ image files on Site.
- c) You may not use Logos in any manner that represents or implies any affiliation with or endorsement by Foundation when no such affiliation or endorsement has been formally established in writing with Foundation.
Foundation reserves the right to determine what constitutes improper or inappropriate use of Foundation Marks and Logos, and you agree to correct improper/inappropriate use of Foundation Marks and Logos, or to cease use of the same upon notification from Foundation.
No terms and conditions other than the terms and conditions contained herein shall be binding upon Foundation, unless accepted by Foundation in writing and signed by the duly authorized representative of Foundation.