Version 1, effective as of 1 May 2021
Foundations act as joint data controllers, who are jointly responsible for compliance with data protection legislation, including responsibility for exercising the rights of data subjects and providing information about data processing, upon request, including the information about the associated companies involved, if any.
Foundations. Aging Biology Foundation EU, with the registered seat at Na hřebenech II 1718/8, Nusle, 140 00 Prague 4, Czech Republic and Aging Biology Foundation the US with the registered seat at 2 Seaport Lane, Suite 8C, Boston, MA, 02210, USA.
Website. Any website that is the property of Foundations, including, but not limited to, https://agingbiology.org/.
Personal Data means any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Why We Collect Data and What We Collect
We collect data for various reasons, such as:
We also may use the following third-party service providers to assist us with these activities:
- Google– we use Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google DoubleClick on our Site, as well as Google business accounts for email and docs.
- Semrush – we use Semrush for keyword research and rank tracking, link building, analytics and audit, on page and technical SEO, and for site health and traffic analysis.
- d) To fulfil legal duties stipulated by laws. We may use and disclose your personal data where required by law, such as in response to a court order, valid subpoena, or other legal process. The legal basis for this data processing is our compliance with our legal obligations.
You may object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes a) to c) at any time.
Categories of data involved in data processing may include:
- email address,
- IP address,
- your operating system,
- your browser ID,
- your browsing activity on our site, and other information about how you interacted with our Website,
- data provided in email communication if you contact the Foundations.
Where appropriate, we will prompt you to give us your consent to the collection and processing of your data as described above. This may happen on the Website, or in another environment set up by Foundations, always in a clear and conspicuous manner. You can manage your data and opt-outs as described in the Transparency section below.
Our Website or Foundation activities are not designed for and are not offered to children under the age of 13. If we discover that a person under the age of 13 has submitted information directly to us, we will endeavor to delete the information from our systems.
We may share your data with certain third parties which help us to run our activities, for example to providers of data storage and backup services. We may also share your data with individual representatives of your company, if you represent a legal entity, being the partner of Foundations.
Your personal data may also be shared with other organizations or individuals if we have obtained your consent to do so.
We may also share your data with certain third parties if we are obliged to do so under applicable legislation (especially with tax authorities or with other government bodies exercising their statutory powers) or if such sharing is necessary to achieve the purposes defined above (especially with government bodies or with parties harmed by your illegal acts, if applicable).
Security and Storage
We understand the importance of keeping your information secure and confidential and stored in compliance with the GDPR. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data.
Transfers of Your Information
Data retention, withdrawal of approval, access to data and your rights
You may manage your Personal Data at email@example.com. You are responsible for the correctness of the Personal Data you provide to us. We expect you to check the Personal Data you provide to us and if any inconsistency takes place, update your Personal Data or report the inconsistency to Foundations.
As permitted by applicable law, EU residents may request a copy of the information that we hold about them. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a fee in accordance with applicable law for this service.
Moreover, as set out in locally applicable personal data protection law, you may have the right to: (i) request access to your personal data; (ii) request rectification of your personal data; (iii) request erasure of your personal data; (iv) request a restriction on the processing of your personal data; (v) request personal data portability; or (vi) object to the processing of your personal data.
- Right of access.You may have the right to obtain from us a confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to your personal data. The information about personal data processing includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed, etc. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. Further, you may have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data undergoing processing. For additional copies requested, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectification.You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal data made complete, in particular by providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten).Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to require us to delete your personal data.
- Right to a restriction on processing.Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to require us to restrict the processing of your personal data. In this case, the respective personal data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to personal data portability.Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit these personal data to another entity.
- Right to object.Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to their particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data.
These rights can be exercised via the email address email@example.com.
You may also contact Foundations to get up-to-date information about your personal data processing and any personal data recipients.
You may lodge a complaint related to the processing of your personal data with the competent data protection supervisory authority, i.e. in the Czech Republic the Office for Personal Data Protection, with its registered office at Pplk. Sochora 727/27, 170 00 Praha 7- Holešovice, phone number: +420 234 665 111. For more information, please visit https://www.uoou.cz.
Changes to this Policy